Beschreibung des Entwicklers:
? #1 board game in 4 stores: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand!
? Top 10 in more than 20 stores!
? Featured “New and Noteworthy”,”What’s Hot” by Apple in 23 places!
? All 5 stars from reviews on iTunes!
Connect6(Sechs Gewinnt) is a two-player board game similar to Gomoku or Renju. But it’s far more complex, interesting and fair.
~It has many features and has the potential to become the newest popular board game!~
“This game has a lot of potential. Too bad it’s not invented earlier or it would have been the best board game ever.” -superarts.org
“If you like GO-like abstracts you will like this. The rules are simple. The games are both deep and quick. The implementation is polished and perfect.”
“For people that enjoy games like connect 4, or 5 in a row, this is a great variation with plenty of challenge, and plenty of eye candy.” -toucharcade.com
“Very clean classical style approach to the user interface. Easy navigation and feature rich. Perfect blending of the UIKit and Cocos2d. It stands out above the crowd!” -cocos2d-iphone.org
• Black puts the first black stone on the Go-like board.
• Then, White and Black alternately place •TWO• of their own stones on empty intersections of the board in each turn.
So the stones’ sequence looks like: “B, W W, B B, W W, B B, …. (B:black, W:white)
• The player who FIRST gets •SIX• or more stones in a row (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) wins the game.
?? 3 Important Features
*1. Easy Rules:
Rules are similar to the traditional game of Gomoku (5-in-a-row) or Renju.
Connect6 games are FAIR, in the sense that the first player always has ONE MORE STONE than the second after making each move.
**Fairness** might be the most important and interesting feature of Connect6.
• There is no advantage of the first move, not like most of other board games. So there is no need to impose some extra rules like Renju.
• The game board can be of infinite size.
Since in Connect6 each move requires two stones to be placed on the board, the game is more complex then Gomoku.
The State-space and game-tree complexity are much higher than in Gomoku or Renju. And are even similar to that in Go and Chess.
?? Game Features
FOUR GAME MODES:
? Single Game
• 3 game difficulty levels against Computer.
• 3 sizes of the game board. (11×11, 15×15, 19×19)
• Undo & Hint functions help to learn and play the correct move.
• Auto save game records and archives the finished games with a screenshot for review. Games can be replayed.
? VS Game
• Play with friend on a single iPhone device.
? Online Game
• Play game on Apple’s GameCenter server with your friends or auto-matched ones wherever they are.
• Save your scores on GameCenter.
• 5 difficulty levels.
• 180 interesting game puzzles.
? Other features
• Support iPhone4 Retina display.
• Universal App for both iPhone and iPad, support of the fullscreen play on iPad with auto-rotation.
• Colorful combination lines help player not to miss any chance of attack or defense!
• Smooth animations give the impression of playing the real board game!
• The control of it uses Drag/Drop just like on a real board.
• Smart way of auto-zooming to match the display.(for iPhone)
- Professor I-Chen Wu presented Connect6 at the 11th Advances in Computer Games Conference (ACG’11).
- Connect6 entry has been put into the Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connect6
- Connect6 became a tournament item of the Computer Olympiad.
- The First Annual NCTU Cup Connect6 Open Tournament was held in Hsinchu.
- Taiwan Connect6 Association (TC6A) was officially formed and approved by Taiwan government.
- The first Russian Connect6 championship was held.